Medical Transcription Services (The Basics):
Medical Transcription might be an alien subject for many and there is a possibility that many have heard about them for the first time. But no matter how alien Medical Transcription Service is, in the field of medicine it is as important as a knife is for a cook. After and during our every visit to our doctor a record is maintained irrespective of the fact that whether it is an emergency or a routine check up. The doctor or other healthcare professional dictates the entire visit, including problem and its solution along with the medication and the history of the patient. The MT or the Medical Transcriptionist transcribes or types the entire record in a proper format and a record (medical record) is maintained and kept for any kind of future reference for both the doctor (helping him in further examination and medication) and patient (for insurance or other purposes).
Medical Transcription Specialities (Description):
It is extremely important to understand and follow that which Medical Transcription Speciality belongs to which field of medicine. Then and only then it would be possible for the Medical Transcriptionist or MT to figure out and understand the context of the medical report. Few of them are mentioned below:
- Anaesthesia: Specialists focus on anaesthesia (relief of pain or control of pain) during surgery, during child birth or any other cause.
- Cardiology: Specialists focus on the diseases of heart and blood vessels.
- Dermatology: The focus is on the skin diseases.
- Endocrinology and Metabolism: Focus is on the diseases of internal glands of the body (thyroid, parathyroid, hypothalamus, adrenal, pituitary etc) including diabetes mellitus.
- Gastroenterology: The focus is on the diseases of the digestive system or the digestive tract which also includes the stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, bowel and pancreas.
- Gynaecology: The focus is on the diseases or malfunctioning of the reproductive organs and the system of the female body which includes uterus, fallopian tube etc.
- Infectious Diseases: It focuses on the infections of all types and sorts.
- Neurology: The focus is on the diseases of nervous system, brain, spinal cord etc.
- Nephrology: It focuses on the diseases of kidney including kidney failure, dialysis etc.
- Ophthalmology: It focuses on the diseases of the eye.
- Pulmonary Diseases: the focus is on the diseases of lungs like emphysema.
- Oncology: the focus is on the disease cancer.